Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Kindergarten Highlights

There are certain moments of the Kindergarten year that you can faithfully rely on happening, and be assured of enjoying, too. The first was "Hats Off to Mom," in which these sweet kids celebrated the many different hats we moms wear. Laura had the honor of narrating one of them (coach!), and I was so proud of her reading and speaking into a microphone in front of the gathering.
Second, at least at CKS, is the Kindergarten musical, which this year was "The Three Piggy Opera." DARLING! What's not to love about a show that includes the song, "I want a big, fat pig to eat!"?? As I sat in the audience of parents and watched the entire school file in to watch, it dawned on me why Laura kept telling me she was nervous for this performance, despite not having a specific role to play. That's a huge audience of BIG people watching them. But of course they shone! It was precious, as I know these moments and this age to be.

No comments: