Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Shine 2018


After the incredible experience at last year’s Shine conference, I was really looking forward to returning. And I got really nervous when 1) my broken pinky finger; 2) Tim’s travel; and 3) Danny’s health all threatened to get in the way. Fortunately none of them did, and it was worth the logistical gymnastics!

I think the highlight this time around was meeting so many of my team members in person, and truly develop friendships with them. Team dinners, sitting together at sessions and more was truly special.

Of course, hearing directly from, and speaking directly to, the artisans was also so special. This year I met Mercedes and Faustino from Peru, and Roopa from India. All of them are working so hard to create opportunities for so many in their communities, and it’s so inspiring!



My single regret from last year’s Shine was that I didn’t take a photo with Jessica Honegger, the founder and co-CEO of Noonday Collection who is every bit as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. If I’m being honest, I’d say it’s most likely her beauty that intimidated me enough last year to skip the photo request. This year she looked me in the eye and so genuinely thanked me for coming. A reminder that it’s *always* rewarding to be brave. She has challenged me to step out in imperfect courage this year, and I can’t wait!

No comments: