Saturday, December 5, 2020

Our 2020 Tree


This was not a tree we were excited to buy. It didn’t help that Clare, who really wanted to join us for her last (!) time to select a tree, had received word earlier in the day that she needed to quarantine due to Covid exposure at swim team. So she had to stay home. (She has since tested negative, thankfully.) The rest of us headed to Home Depot, where I was ready to persuade Tim that a 12-foot tree was required. Too bad there weren’t any to be had. The tree we settled for is *maybe* 9 feet on its tiptoes. 

On the positive side, I figured I could do the lights by myself, so the next day I got those done nice and early and we were ready to decorate by early evening. And since Clare couldn’t go to swim practice, we got started! It didn’t take long to get this tree decorated, so we enjoyed our usual buffet as a picnic, admiring our work. Although I had dubbed it the Tree of Disappointment earlier, the (many) lights and ornaments really transformed it in true Charlie Brown style. 

So as usual, we are counting our blessings instead of sheep, knowing that there are many.

No comments: