Sunday, October 17, 2021

Danny’s First HOCO


When one of the Moms of the The Boyz (this is our nickname for ourselves and for Danny’s crew of Marist friends) first mentioned that the guys planned to ask dates to Homecoming, I was taken aback. Apparently in a few ways I have not yet adjusted to the fact that Danny is getting older! Turns out Danny was one of the first to take the leap, too. His date: Mary Margaret, a friendship that dates all the way back to Pre-First at CKS.



We moms put together a lovely pre-dance picture party at Cameron’s beautiful home. We lucked out with a gorgeous fall evening, and a delightful time was had by kids and parents alike!






I even managed to snag a picture of Danny and Lulu, a relationship that dates back to their infancy!

Possibly my favorite photo depicts Danny, the lone brave male among the ladies! He was eventually joined by his cohorts, but I think he was the most at ease...

What I do not have any photos from is the group of 15 boys down in our basement after the dance, 10 of whom spent the night! Between their reports on the dance itself, which they said was way more fun than they expected, and the roars of laughter way into the wee hours of the morning, I’d say we can claim the event a huge success!



No comments: