Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Old Friends, New Kids


Armed with one last mug of my dad's freshly ground, home-roasted coffee, I figured I would write my final post about our fabulous CA trip on site. Months ago Terri and I synced our summer travel schedules to overlap for a day in San Diego. Since she flew in from Hong Kong with two small children only the night before our reunion, she definitely wins the Trooper Award! She did a marvelous job of masking her jet lag, as did her daughters. Thus we had four mommies who went through high school together (and have been good friends ever since) and our seven offspring. We were minus a couple of other moms and their kids who couldn't make it, but it was a merry gathering nonetheless.


Thanks to Jen's generous hospitality and ideal surroundings, the kids took off and played while we visited, and then we all hit the pool together. We laughed that this pool party wasn't exactly like the ones we used to have on the last day of school, but considering how quickly the hours flew by (and my sunscreen wore off...ouch), we had a ball.

Which is exactly how I would sum up our time here, as usual. After 19 days away from Tim, though, we are ready to head home, at least for a couple of weeks. Ahhhh, summer.

No comments: