Saturday, January 16, 2010

Is This the Sign of a Dungeons & Dragons Dork in Training?


Ever since Christmas, Danny has been really into his Playmobil knights. We have gotten hours of independent play out of these worthwhile investments! Clare has played with them a fair amount, too, but lately Danny has shown a laser-like focus when playing with them. It's terrific. And since he has maintained this interest over several weeks, I opted to pick up a steal of a set at TJ Maxx today. He was delighted when I gave him his "surprise" this afternoon, after his nap, and proceeded to get busy. By himself. Tim thought they looked pretty cool (we're talking working catapult with a rubber ball of fire - so fun, right?), so he sat down to play with Danny. Who quickly looked at him, asked what Tim was doing, and then asked, "Can I be alone?" HA-HA, I laughed. Until, 15 minutes later, he did the same thing to me, as I was harmlessly asking him questions and snapping a photo or two. Apparently these are serious toys, and he doesn't need us hovering around.

Should we be worried?

No comments: