Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Waterproof Lining


So, today's visit to the orthopedist wasn't quite the outcome we had hoped for. Turns out Clare has an almost invisible radial neck fracture around her elbow. In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor injury, but a cast is the only treatment. Fortunately, it's just for three weeks. Even better, we were directed to a waterproof cover for it that should enable her to swim and take part in all the planned activities on our vacation. Phew.


I can't resist the opportunity to post a picture of Danny sporting his own cast (at 17 months). Tim has gone 36 years, and I 35, with nary a broken bone. Furthermore, it's not like our children rival Evel Knievel for crazy stunts. Go figure!

To wrap up the medical updates: Danny was diagnosed with strep throat on Monday. By the miracle of antibiotics, he is already back to his old self. And so we head out on our summer adventures perfectly happy, if not quite perfectly healthy!

3 comments:

Jennifer A Morlan said...

I'm thinking that the waterproof lining is also the silver lining for this little cloud! Thank heaven it won't prevent her water activities. I'm not sure about dad, but I have gone for 64 years without breaking a bone. Wait a minute, dad has broken both his leg and his arm. Guess they get it from him :-P momster

Mary Beth said...

Poor Clare! I hope it feels better fast and that the waterproof lining does indeed allow for swimming! Love the picture of Danny - and if it makes you feel any better, MacGregor has also broken an arm - at 12 months. And while I have had a broken arm, neither Mike nor I have ever had anesthesia and yet our children, combined, have been put under and surgery (mostly minor) no fewer than 5 times!!!

Mary Beth said...

Poor Clare! I hope it feels better fast and that the waterproof lining does indeed allow for swimming! Love the picture of Danny - and if it makes you feel any better, MacGregor has also broken an arm - at 12 months. And while I have had a broken arm, neither Mike nor I have ever had anesthesia and yet our children, combined, have been put under and surgery (mostly minor) no fewer than 5 times!!!