Monday, June 10, 2013

Chasing 1K

On February 26, 2012, I started using an app that I credit with enhancing my running motivation in a big way. I downloaded Nike+ as a way to track distance and speed, since my brief flirtation with a heart rate monitor was simply frustrating. Before I knew it, the overall miles logged was my favorite statistic to watch. Why skip a run when it could nudge that number a little higher?

A couple of months ago, I realized I was approaching the 1,000 mile mark. In fact, it took me just over 15 months, and 248 runs (June 3, 2013 was the exact date). Now, a handful of runs never made it to the app, so maybe it was closer to 14.5 months. Regardless, I'm pleased and looking forward to the next 1K, which I'll try to hit in less time.

Many of these miles were logged with Laura in tow. Often she fell asleep, a site I never tire of photographing. Other times she was a cheerful, often singing companion.While I prefer the freedom of running without pushing the stroller, for the most part these were delightful workouts. Let us carry on for the next 1K...and after that, she should be in school enough (not to mention bigger and heavier) for me to run without her. Exciting!

No comments: