Sunday, September 15, 2013

The New Frieda?


"Look at my hair! It's so beautiful!" is not an uncommon phrase to come out of Laura's mouth. So much so that I was reminded of the character from Charlie Brown, Frieda, who is famous for patting and protecting her "naturally curly hair."

What we find funniest about it, though, is that more often than not, Laura is running around looking like an absolute ragamuffin, light years away from a well-coiffed look. I snapped this picture one morning at Publix, after she saw her reflection in the glass doors and announced, "My hair is beautiful! I look like a princess!"
(Note also the berry stains on her pajamas. Toddlers and Tiaras is not our future.)
With another daughter entering the self-consciousness of adolescence, I have to fully embrace this vanity - and naturally cannot wait to show her these photos when she's a teenager.



No comments: