Monday, March 10, 2014

Three's A Crew

We seem to be entering a wonderful phase where all three children play together happily, blissfully unaware of where the grown-ups are or what we are doing. Beautiful weather enhances this phenomenon, for sure, but Laura's growing independence is a major part of it as well. And it is glorious.
Laura has mixed views on growing up. She has asked me several times, "Am I a grown-up now?" She tells me how eating healthy food makes her grow bigger, yet she is still somewhat perplexed about why certain clothes no longer fit her. A few times, upon learning that she can no longer wear a favorite item, she has told me, "I don't want to be a grown-up." Which is good - no need to rush these things. I don't really think any of my kids are in a hurry to get there, and for that I am exceedingly grateful.

No comments: