Tuesday, November 18, 2014

T Days


This year, Laura is in school three mornings a week: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. At three, I believe this to be the appropriate amount of time in school for her (and it's what I did for Clare and Danny - parity is paramount). There are times, though, when I sure wish she was there on Tuesdays and Thursdays, too. Those T days can either be looooong, or lead me to do extraneous shopping and errand-running in order to have something for us to do.



Fortunately, however, we have some partners in crime that have helped make the T days more bearable, and sometimes downright terrific. In the beginning, they were the perfect time to catch up with our former neighbors and continued friends, Susana and Emma. The Botanic Gardens, lunch, pedicures, the zoo!

Lately, we have a new duo who is as eager to get out of the house as we are. Meghan joined Laura's class just a couple of weeks ago, and they hit it off immediately. When I found out they live just a few minutes away, and that Meghan is also the youngest in her family, I had a good feeling about this friendship. As I write, the two of them are playing merrily in Laura's room. I admit that I am not overly fond of hosting playdates, because so much can go wrong and I don't relish the role of cruise director. When things are going well, though, there are few sounds sweeter to my ears than little ones playing contentedly together.


I know the time will come soon enough when Laura is gone all day, all week, so I try to appreciate these days. It sure helps when we have help!

No comments: