Monday, March 21, 2022

Beed Visits Clare at ND


On the same weekend of Sadie Hawkins, I jetted off to spend the weekend with Clare! It was so fun to see her in her element, get to know her friends better, and enjoy a room in The Morris Inn all by myself!

We caught up Friday afternoon after her last class and chatted over lattes on God Quad - then made our way to Duncan Student Center to watch the Irish win an exciting basketball game in the NCAA tournament! We followed this with a delicious dinner at a local Indian restaurant with Katherine, Rebecca and Fernanda. So fun to share my ND stories and more!



Driving back, we saw Hesburgh Library lit up in support of Ukraine, and then I made a Grotto visit after dropping off the girls. One of my favorite spots on Earth!



Saturday we met for bagels (after a beautiful morning walk by me), shopped, then caught up with Rebecca for a study session. It was fun to observe their collaboration over physics - impressive, too! That night I took Clare and roommate Abby to dinner before Clare headed off to the Swim Club formal - and I went to bed!

We finished the weekend with Sunday brunch at the Morris Inn. It was a truly delightful weekend, and reinforced that Clare is truly at home under the Dome.



No comments: