Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Noonday in the Rockies


As our family’s summer plans took shape, I quickly realized that my plan to head to Peru for my earned trip with Noonday was going to be challenging. And that did not appeal. So, in a joint decision with my friend Sarah, and knowing that we would also be with other friends, I pivoted to the first-ever Noonday trip to Lost Valley Ranch! 

The trip kicked off in Denver, which meant I got to catch up with Breen! So awesome. We had drinks Friday night and then breakfast on Saturday, where I got to see her house and visit with Colin.



Around lunchtime it was time to board the bus and head to the ranch, which I would say surpassed our lofty expectations! Stunning scenery and fantastic accommodations.



On arrival, we enjoyed a scenic happy hour at the home of the current managers (Brooke is also a Noonday ambassador!), then ate the first of many delicious meals in the dining room. From there we just enjoyed each other’s company, and Sarah and I closed the evening with a glass of wine in our cabin - before hitting the hay in preparation for our sunrise hike!



It was early, but waking before the sun for the hike was 100% worth it! I especially love that I only knew about half of these women before we started hiking, but wound up loving each and every one. Probably the highlight of the weekend!



After lunch, a few of us decided to give archery a try. MANY laughs, and another great crew of women!




Before dinner, we obviously needed a photo shoot - that’s what we ambassadors do! (And laughing together is what Sarah and I specialize in.)

Obligatory, if awkward, photo with Jessica!

Lots of memorable moments went unphotographed, like our line dances, jazzercise, and so many conversations that dug deep. It was a brief but powerful trip, as is always the case with Noonday!

I absolutely look forward to the next opportunity to travel internationally with Noonday - but I’m so glad I went on this trip!

No comments: