Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's All About Clare


One of Clare's first assignments in first grade was to complete a poster titled, "It's All About Me Tee." (We did something similar for Danny back in January.) The project is designed as a way for the classmates, and the teachers, to get to know each student. I love it because it's an excellent barometer for Clare's personality and tastes at this particular age. Here are the categories and her answers:

These are my favorite subjects:
Reading
Spelling
Writing
Math
Art
P.E. (At this point she simply ran out of room, or else she probably would have listed everything. I do think the order is significant.)

Here are places I like to go:
Museums (the Museum of Play was foremost in her mind for this one)
School
California
The lake house
Buffalo
Water parks

These are things I like to do:
At home: read
At school: crafts
In the community: gymnastics

This is my favorite:
Food: pizza
Song: "Meryton Townhall" (It's from "Pride & Prejudice." Really.)
Movie: Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Movie
Book: Kit Story Collection

I would be remiss if I did not mention that in Clare's mind, these are simply some of her favorites. She is very reluctant to specific one favorite of anything - but she sure loves to ask us about ours!

No comments: