Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Who Needs Pilgrims?



Yesterday was Danny's Thanksgiving party at school. I will be the first to admit that I don't particularly enjoy attending these events, because a) preschool time is when I'm supposed to be having my precious ME time, and b) kids get weird when their parents show up at school. However, since I had to bail on his Halloween party due to my bronchitis (though Tim stepped in admirably), I decided to go. The moms in charge did a fabulous job, complete with cute turkey crafts, a waffle-cone cornucopia snack and the cutest pilgrim hat cookies.

Danny was, in fact, a little goofy when I was there, but he was clearly delighted as well. It is nice to feel loved. I helped him with his craft, watched him gobble his snack, and then it was story time. Between books, the mom reading the story asked the kids what they were thankful for. Several told us that they were thankful for their families, or their dogs. Danny very enthusiastically shared, "I'm thankful for ninjas!" So much for his aforementioned thoughtfulness. Although, I think this can be interpreted as a nod to his daddy, as the two of them had a weekend of male bonding over the glories of ninjas. Ever heard of a ninja turkey? Danny and Tim can fill you in. (Grampy, I think it's time for you to resurrect your ninja barbie game.)

No comments: