Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Showered With Love





I was reminded (again) of the many wonderful people and blessings in my life this past Sunday, when Amy B., Amy P., and Jennifer hosted a lovely baby shower for me. From darling invitations to a delicious (and gorgeous) spread of food, not to mention the marvelous bounty of gifts from the guests, it was the kind of event that makes a person feel very special, and very loved.

When I first received the invitation, I noticed that it was addressed to both me and Clare. Until that point I had never thought of having Clare there, but I instantly knew that it was a terrific idea. In hindsight, it would not have been the same without her. She reveled in the whole idea, and had so much fun getting dressed up for the occasion. As we arrived, she quickly found her niche, too: Explaining the rules of the game (everyone wearing a diaper pin necklace, with a list of four words/phrases you were forbidden to say; if you did, and someone caught you, you lost your necklace.) As we all know, Clare loves rules, and she also loved wandering the room, eavesdropping on the chatty ladies to try and catch someone speaking the verboten words. Needless to say (with a little help from sneaky people like Steph), Clare won the game hands down, and was pleased as punch about it, too!

In between, though, she did me proud with her ladylike manners and helpful ways. I try not to get my hopes up too much, but I think it bodes well for me when the baby arrives.

Thank you to everyone who made the day so fun, and who supplied us with so many darling and needed items!

No comments: