Monday, September 8, 2014

Sunday Night Dinner

When I snapped this picture, Tim told me that we should caption it "Rack of lamb - or roasted Wolverine?" GO IRISH!
I love this photo for so many reasons. First of all, it captures the bemused, engaged look on Tim's face that I often see when he is talking to the kids, and it is one of my favorite expressions. Secondly, it shows Laura in one of her (now frequent) lively conversational moments.

But most importantly, it presents the picture of one of our treasured times as a family: Sunday night dinner. All five of us don't eat together nightly, but we make a point to do so every Sunday. Furthermore, when I look at the food on our plates, it is a reminder of how far we have come in developing our kids' palates. Rack of lamb? Asparagus? Six years ago, I never would have dreamed that we would all eat these things (okay, Danny and Laura opted for bell peppers instead of asparagus) with such relish.

Do we still have a ways to go? Always. But am I much more confident, downright joyful about cooking for the family these days? Yes. Yes I am.

No comments: