Friday, December 12, 2014

Fa La La La Laura




For months now, we have grown accustomed to Laura singing, very loudly, in her bedroom (sometimes at 3 a.m.) and in the car. What she occasionally lacks in pitch, she more than makes up for in volume. Taylor Swift, Clean Bandit, Meghan Trainor - and of course, "Let It Go."

The past few weeks, she has not been shy about singing the songs from her preschool Christmas concert. She was thrilled to be able to wear her Christmas dress to this affair, and definitely seemed excited to participate.



Nevertheless, I was prepared for the weirdness that often ensues when parents attend school and/or a performance is involved. But my fears were unfounded: Laura smiled broadly and sang loudly and proudly.

I chuckled to myself when her teacher told me afterward that not only did Laura sing loudly at practice, but clearly felt the competitive juices kick in when she overheard the other 3-year-old class's loudest singer practicing!

Not surprisingly, Laura later remarked, "I'm too tired from all that singing!"


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: