Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So. Not. Cool.


Clare starts kindergarten tomorrow, for the .01% of you who haven't had to listen to me mention this for the past month. As the day draws closer, I'm starting to freak out. Not for sentimental reasons - I have one foot on her little behind, more than ready to push her out the door to school. However, the logistics of this experience are starting to sink in, and I'm not too sure I like it. Five days a week I will need to get up at 6 a.m. and get myself and two children moving. Five days a week I will be driving a fair distance. Five days a week I will have to pack my uber-finicky child a lunch. But the final straw? Ironing. The uniform that Clare will wear five days a week requires ironing. And for that .01% of you who don't know, I detest ironing.

How many more days until Christmas vacation?