Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Book Ends


I have a lot of blogging material, but even more work and tasks to manage now that we have returned from our Easter trip to St. Simon's. So I decided to do a quick post to tide me over until I have more time.

This was one of my most favorite moments of a really terrific trip. While Danny took one of his mammoth naps, Clare did engage in quiet time, but then emerged to find me reading on the couch. I'm really enjoying this book, and was loathe to close it. Everyone else was watching The Masters, though, so I figured I was on deck to be playmate.

Instead, Clare ran to get her book, snuggled next to me, and proceeded to read - actually read, not chat with me every other minute - for over an hour. Needless to say, she won the Favorite Kid of the Day award. I knew learning to read would open exciting worlds for her, but I underestimated how beneficial it would be to me, too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope it is the "Twilight" series - it is sad but I am so addicted