Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Clare View


I'm trying to contain my delight, but I must admit I'm suddenly sympathetic to those people who foist their own interests on their children. Here's what happened. This morning Clare woke up in reporter mode. I think it has something to do with the Judy Moody book she's reading, wherein a friend of Judy's admires Nellie Bly. (I only know this because Clare tells me about the books, which she reads entirely on her own.) Clare, acting as reporter, kept notebook and pencil in hand and began writing one-sentence reports. For example: "Our family is all wearing sunglasses." So I suggested she follow the 5 Ws (Who, What, When, Where, and Why). This seemed a bit daunting to her, and she commented that it was going to take up a lot of paper. (This particular notepad was small, and her writing is still a bit over-sized unless she's really concentrating.) After pointing out that newspaper reports often flow to multiple pages, I made an offhand remark about how on a computer there's no space limit and flippantly suggested she start a blog. And so we have: A Clare View. I am a bit skeptical as to how often this will get updated, as she wants to type it herself but gets frustrated that she can't type as quickly as I do. But if nothing else, it's a bit of insight into her interests at this stage of the game - and helped me post on my own blog!

4 comments:

Amy B said...

That is awesome. I bet she posts a ton.

Amy Mershon Plummer said...

I love it, and I can't wait to read more!! Yeah, Clare!

Rachel said...

I stumbled upon See More Seymours the other day by clicking "next blog" and liked it so much I went back and read all the previous posts. Clare and Danny are adorable and clearly smart kids, and I love your writing! I will definitely be back!

Terri said...

A budding journalista like her momma! WTG Clare!