Wednesday, April 22, 2009

La Primavera

I have sung the virtues of fall, and I stand by my favorite season, but today was one of those days that was almost enough to change my mind. With a temperature hovering around 70 by afternoon, it was a sunny day that begged a visit to the park. These kinds of days are too fleeting for me: warm enough to run around without outerwear and be active, but not too warm as to make it uncomfortable. With a playdate scheduled, I decided it was the perfect opportunity to check out the new Taylor-Brawner Park. As I lazed on the grass, I watched Danny, Clare and Hayla explore the playground and park grounds along with myriad other children. De-lightful.



In addition to fresh air, 'tis also the season of stunningly beautiful azaleas, of which we even have some in our own yard. Sadly, only the ones on the side of the house put on a colorful show, and they pale in comparison to so many of the bushes blooming around the city, but we'll take what we can get.

No comments: