Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Living the Good Life


I have it really good, and there's nothing like a stroll among the no-longer-living to really drive the point home. Particularly when said stroll takes place on a spectacularly beautiful day, in a breathtaking cemetery with a dear friend and a sweetly cooperative little boy.

One of my favorite things about Jennifer is that she gets me to experience new and inevitably worthwhile things, from visits to the lake to the polo fields to Oakland Cemetery. I've always been intrigued by historic cemeteries, and Jennifer needed to take pictures for her photography class. Danny, being three and not in charge of his own fate, had to tag along by default, but I don't think he minded. As you'll see below, Miss Jennifer is one of his favorites. Plus, he got to wear his pajamas.


After we explored for a while (finding the grave of Bobby Jones but forgetting to look for Margaret Mitchell), it was time for lunch. And being the people of leisure that we so fortunately are, why not make that a rooftop terrace lunch, complete with margaritas?


I jest, but I really do appreciate this good life that I have. And I'm doing everything in my power to make sure I earn it.

No comments: