Friday, May 1, 2009

Three With Glee: A Birthday in Two Parts; Part 2


Every time we asked Danny what he wanted for his birthday, he promptly answered, "Cake!" Nevertheless, once a pile of presents was actually in front of him, he euphorically shouted, "Yippee!" For me, the best part of the present opening was that he was so enthusiastic about each one of his gifts, which included a t-ball set, soccer net and ball, (more) plastic horses, light sabers, instrument set, and a new Skippyjon Jones book (his current favorite character). Having been around this block before, Tim and I reserved a couple of gifts for tomorrow, too.


After half a piece of pizza, Danny was eager for cake. I don't pretend that this horse is among my finer creations, but I do think it at least resembles the equine species. However, when asked what was on his cake, Danny first identified his name, despite it being written in cursive. Then he simply kept repeating, "Chocolate!" or, once, "Candles?" Ah, well.




I love that Clare's hand is sneaking onto the cake in this picture. She was a very gracious big sister today, but certain temptations cannot be avoided, can they?

No comments: