Thursday, June 16, 2011

Laura the Foodie




(Dad, this seems a most appropriate post for your birthday!)
Yesterday was a big day for Laura: her first experience with food! For a family of food lovers, this was a major milestone. As I recall being the case with Clare and Danny, the first few bites were definitely of the "what on earth??" variety, but she soon got the idea. I gave her perhaps the first two bites, and then Clare asked if she could take over. She loved feeding her, and has asked to do so every day. Since Laura refuses to take a bottle and I am therefore on the hook for every other meal, this arrangement is fine with me!

Danny wasn't quite as charmed. While Clare was feeding Laura, I noticed Danny had his hands over his eyes. Concerned, I asked him what was wrong. "It's just gross! I don't want to watch." Since in most other respects he's a very good big brother, we'll give him a pass on this one.

Here's Clare at work:

No comments: