Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nine years


Today Tim and I celebrate our ninth wedding anniversary. We're almost incredulous to reflect on that time, because it was before kids - which feels like a lifetime ago. It's been a busy nine years, too:

Oct. 2, 1999: We got married in Chicago.

August, 2001: We moved to Charlottesville, Virginia, where Tim began MBA school at UVA.

March 25, 2003: Clare was born

May, 2003: Tim graduated

July, 2003: We moved back to Chicago and closed on our first home, a tiny condo in Lincoln Park

May 4, 2005: We moved to Atlanta and closed on our current home in the fine neighborhood of East Gate at Vinings Estates!

May 1, 2006: The Danimal was born

We've enjoyed the stability of the past three years here in ATL, and we're hopeful that it will continue. Naturally, there are times when you always look ahead and wonder where you'll be. On certain days more than others, I think about those empty nest days, and I have to say that I really do anticipate them happily. Which I think is the highest compliment I can pay to Tim and to our marriage.

Here's to us!