Thursday, August 15, 2013

Laura's First Day of Preschool

This is a post I have looked forward to writing for a while. Laura, too, was looking forward to school, mentioning it to nearly everyone she met this summer. I figured she might lose her enthusiasm when the day actually arrived. Instead, while I was trying to take her picture on the porch, she kept saying to me, "I'm ready to go!"

And she really was. Like her big sister before her (and unlike her big brother before her), she walked right into the classroom and never looked back. Being the now-wiser mother of three, I bolted immediately. After all, once drop-off happens, that clock starts moving so much more quickly than on regular days.

Several people have asked me what I will do with this free time. I have already scheduled doctor appointments, will need to attend meetings at school, and will hope to catch up with friends for uninterrupted conversations. But first and foremost I will head here:
I was sort of dreading what the trail would be like on an August morning at 9 a.m., but I was blessed with an unseasonably cool, cloudy morning and it was glorious! I even have our windows open at home now!

Laura seemed just as happy when I picked her up today, a trend which will hopefully continue. Also hoped-for is a blemish-free record on the slugging front. So far, so good!

No comments: