Wednesday, July 2, 2008

History repeating?


First of all, it doesn't take the most keen among you to notice that I seem to be finding a lot of (sometimes feeble) excuses to blog lately. As I mentioned, I'm about to be on the road for a while, and though I imagine I'll post here and there, I am overall expecting a dry spell. So, I figure I'll feed my addiction while I can and hope that it tides me over.

Since either my kids are spoiled or I get cabin fever way too easily (or both of the above), we went to Kangazoom and out to lunch today. It was a good opportunity to get together with Max and his sister Lulu. I don't think Clare and Max had seen each other since school got out, so it was a joyful reunion - and we didn't see much of the two of them for the next 90 minutes. (Fine by me!) Meanwhile, Danny and Lulu bounced around, sometimes paying attention to each other, and sometimes in their own worlds, as two-year-olds are wont to do. It's interesting to note that Danny and Lulu are at almost the exact same age that Clare and Max were when they first met. Furthermore, Danny and Lulu will be starting preschool together this fall, in the same class. So I can't help but wonder if they'll be as enamored of each other (and perhaps betrothed) three years from now as are their older siblings? Heather, Max and Lulu's wonderful nanny, asked me this morning when it was that Clare and Max grew so fond of each other. I told her that it was more or less instantaneous - I don't remember a time when they weren't declaring their love for each other!