Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Four Months Old


With all the hubbub of birthdays, kindergarten orientation and incoming visitors, Laura's four-month birthday nearly passed without a blog post. Heaven forbid!

While it's easy to label the things that have kept us busy of late, in reality Laura is the victim of a generally hectic overall lifestyle. Translation: no nap schedule. First I told myself she needed to hit the four month mark. Now I'm saying we'll get there after the First Communion/Baptism weekend. Or maybe when summer vacation starts, and there aren't as many activities or school pick-ups to get in the way. Ultimately, though, I know it's up to me to make her schedule a priority. The true challenge of the third child!

She is such a sweet baby, and she really does go with the flow most of the time. But every once in a while she hits a wall, and lets everyone around her know it. The biggest motivation for me to get her on a schedule, though, is that I think this is what has thus far prevented her from sleeping through the night. While I find that my recollections on infants from my Clare and Danny experiences are hazy, I'm fairly certain they were both sleeping through the night by now. And I want the trifecta!

Until then, though, cuteness really does go a long way toward tolerating those nighttime wakings.

No comments: