Sunday, May 15, 2011

Headed to the Pool




This is the message that will be texted or emailed on a near-daily basis amongst we neighbors starting now. The pool technically opened last weekend, but we didn't get a chance to visit it until Friday. In so many ways, it felt like we had never left. All but one, that is: the presence of, and responsibility for, an infant! Generally speaking, life with three children really hasn't been too earth-shattering a shift in our day-to-day lives. Or perhaps my short-term memory is just shot. But this trip to the pool was a big reminder of how our family has changed.

Deciding I was willing to brave the 3 kids: 1 adult ratio, we gamely headed over to the pool. With Laura in the carseat, all was fine. However, when she grew fussy and I opted to hold her, while Danny simultaneously decided to challenge his jumping and swimming skills, I realized I was in a dicey position. Fortunately, I was soon able to put her back in the carseat and keep her happy in the stroller (and of course, Danny was fine and never did need a rescue from me). Even better: the lifeguards return Memorial Day weekend. Until then, I might just wait until a neighbor, or Tim, can accompany me.

Stay tuned for more swimming adventures, as both Clare and Danny begin their careers on the Vinings Estates Dolphins Swim Team tomorrow!

No comments: