Thursday, January 24, 2013

As I Predicted

I considered titling this post "I Told You So," but then I realized it should really be "I Told Me So," and that just doesn't have the same ring to it. It's a humble, unglamorous existence, being a mom, so maybe that's why we cling to being right so tenaciously...even if it's about something we didn't necessarily want to get right.

So. That time I mentioned Laura would probably figure out how to remove the darling mural above her crib before her second birthday? Check. While I didn't snap a picture of it until today, rest assured she started weeks ago. Most often this is a nap time activity, with possibly some 3 a.m. overtime thrown in (she had to have been doing something while she was belting out one of her music class ditties last night at this very hour).

Behold the work in progress:

Also note the smirk.

I realize you can't tell, but the fox has been ripped in half and reapplied. The owls are long gone, along with several flowers, leaves and possibly a bird. It's still acceptable decor right now, but I'm thinking I need to draft a replacement plan soon. Or have her sleep in a straight jacket.

Meanwhile, she is also still very attached to her Crocs. As far as she's concerned, they are perfectly acceptable winter wear. Just look how they pair with a fleece ensemble and hat:

It would appear that I am not winning too many battles, so let's hope the war fares better.

No comments: