Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Field Day Redux

After my first foray into Field Day, I wasn't really planning to do it again. It was exhausting, and repetitive for we volunteers. Of course, it was partially exhausting because I was about six weeks pregnant with Laura at the time. Anyway, when the annual call for volunteers came along, I decided that since this was Danny's first Field Day, and also the only time he and Clare would share the same one, I would participate.




Lucky for me, I got paired with a mommy friend, so running the cups stacking station for 3.5 hours wasn't as painful as it could have been. I was certainly ready for it to be over, although since Field Day is also the last day of school, my feelings were very mixed. (I was relieved to discover, though, that I wasn't the only mom not relishing the end of the school year.)

Clare and Danny clearly had a blast. And both wound up going home with friends after school, which is awesome not just in giving me some quiet time while Laura naps, but more importantly because it ends the school year on such a positive, social note. Yes, I dislike summer vacation because, as Clare put it, I have to 'deal with' them all day (yeah, I said it). But I also miss the camaraderie of the CKS community - and that is something I definitely do not have mixed feelings about.

No comments: